We are seeking “A” players to join our talented professional services team. We value excellence, integrity and hard work and are looking to expand our organization. For consideration, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Office Assistant / Junior Accountant
NDH is seeking an Office Assistant / Junior Accountant to support our growing Accounting & Tax firm. The candidate must possess the following characteristics: exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong writing skills, high ability to multi-task, meticulous attention to detail, a strong desire to learn, and the ability to prioritize quickly and efficiently.
The candidate will work directly with NDH’s existing Office Manager to coordinate the administrative functions of the firm. Specific responsibilities include: reception, document management, mailings, purchasing, and planning client meetings and office events. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for various internal accounting-related functions including: monthly client billings and collections, accounts payable, staff time-sheet tracking and reporting, coordination and correspondence with tax authorities, preparation of tax organizers, and other projects as delegated.
Successful efforts can lead to additional responsibilities, training, and education reimbursement in tax preparation and/or associate level accounting. This is a unique opportunity to work with a professional firm with high growth potential.
NDH provides a stimulating work environment – employees have direct involvement and interaction with partners. Candidates that demonstrate hard work, enthusiasm, and ethical behavior will have the opportunity for annual advancement.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university
- QuickBooks/Accounting experience or course work strongly considered
- Experience working in a small company environment with similar responsibilities is strongly considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Energetic with a positive attitude
- Ability to take direction and sees tasks through to completion
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax & Accounting Internships
NDH offers paid internships to support our various service lines. The internship can be part-time or full-time depending on the candidate’s availability. The candidates must have a strong work ethic and an understanding of accounting principles, demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities, and have excellent communication and client service skills.
The candidates will work directly with partners & staff to perform a variety of tasks, such as: prepare business, individual and trust income tax returns, research and analyze complex tax issues, and respond to routine tax notices. Additionally, candidates may have the opportunity to assist with various tasks related to our back-office accounting services, such as prepare financial statements, provide analysis on trends and key metrics, and effectively present to clients. Excellent communication skills are valued as candidates may correspond with clients and taxing authorities under supervision.
The NDH provides a flexible and stimulating work environment for our interns with direct involvement & interaction with its partners. Candidates that demonstrate hard work, enthusiasm, and ethical behavior will have excellent opportunity for continuous employment and advancement in the firm.
We are accepting resumes consistent with the following background and ability:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited four-year university or graduate program, with a major or focus declared in Accounting, Finance, Tax or other related business field.
- Minimum basic coursework completed in their declared field, with a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- A demonstrable interest in tax with related job or classroom experience.
- Proven understanding of transactional accounting and entries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please also indicate your availability to start and approximate number of hours available to work per week. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.