Deyan joined NDH in 2014 as Tax Manager. He is a tax generalist who works with individuals and businesses, and specializes in tax compliance and consulting. Deyan provides his clients with high-level advice, guides them through complex tax issues and presents them with tax-planning opportunities and strategies. He has a special interest in international taxation with notable experience in taxation of U.S. expatriates and foreign nationals. Deyan holds a bachelor’s of science in accounting and a master’s in taxation from DePaul University.
EXPERTISE: Individual & Business Tax, Compliance, Planning and Tax Saving Strategies
- Favorite thing about NDH: The people. There is no toxicity or tension, everyone loves to help and no one thinks exceptionally high of themselves. This allows for an enjoyable working environment that fosters friendships and collaboration at all levels.
- Desert island book: “Small Gods” by Terry Pratchett
- What is the best dish you can cook? Blueberry Crumble Cake Recipe
- Favorite movie quote: You shall not pass!!!
- If you were a board game, what game would you be? Sequence. I can work well with other people, I can pick up and try a different strategy if the one I currently have doesn’t work out, I’m persistent and can work well under pressure;
- What is your go-to karaoke song? Toto – Hold the line
- I have an irrational fear of: Butterflies, though it’s totally rational
- If you could have dinner with one Marvel character, who would it be and why? Loki – I feel like he’s one of the easiest characters to talk to, has cool stories about his adventures and about the multiverse. Also, there are an infinite versions of him;
- What would your last meal be? I’d ask for an Alinea-style meal so I can experience as many different tastes and foods as possible in those last few minutes
- Favorite workout or sport to play? Weight lifting. Would love to learn how to play racquetball, though. Seems really cool.