Josh Harris is a co-founder of NDH LLP. Josh leads the back-office accounting solutions practice and advises companies on accounting matters including financial health, reporting and development of KPIs. His straightforward and high-value approach allow business owners to focus on their service line and product offering while his team handles the accounting, monthly close and financial modeling. His experience successfully running a professional services firm, coupled with his entrepreneurial background provide a fresh and innovative approach. Josh’s clients find him both accessible and communicative in all aspects of the engagement. In addition to client service, Josh is actively involved in NDH’s employee recruitment strategies and interviewing process. Prior to co-founding NDH in 2003, Josh worked in the middle market tax group for Arthur Andersen and Deloitte. Outside the office you may find Josh enjoying all manner of water sports, spending time with his family, and volunteering in his community.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Illinois Certified Public Accountant
- Beta Gamma Sigma, International Honor Society, University of Iowa Chapter
- University of Iowa, B.B.A.
- Favorite thing about NDH: It has been said that a firm that plays together stays together. At NDH, I enjoy the inclusivity of the culture and participating in the numerous firm-wide events. Managing deadlines, multiple client requests and delivering complex projects are much easier when you know, respect and genuinely like your teammates on the engagement with you. Having an opportunity to interact outside of the office enables the trust and care needed to consistently deliver high value outcomes to our clients.
- Favorite NDH outing you’ve been on: For the 15-year firm anniversary we rented a “mansion” in southwest Michigan and had an opportunity to cook a meal together, share stories of the past, present and what we hoped for the future. Those stories celebrated both the triumphs and a few comical failures along the NDH pathway. The evening progressed with games designed to get to know each one of us better and celebrate what each of us uniquely offers the company. My personal highlight was that none of this was organized by management, the format and agenda was driven entirely by the associates.
- What is your side gig/passion project/hobby: Paddle boarding on the blue waters of West Lake Okoboji, IA in the early morning hours when it is just you, your board, a few seagulls and an opportunity to glide on the water for as long as your arms and core will take you.
- Favorite concert you’ve attended: Listening to Jimmy Buffet strum his guitar in the right field bleachers for the first ever concert at Wrigley Field. His tribute to Steve Goodman through the rendition of his song City of New Orleans still echoes in my ears every time I sit in those bleachers.
- If you were a board game, what game would you be? Backgammon. Your play relies on elements of luck, skill and the other player’s moves, which parallels much of the world we encounter each day.