Travis Neese graduated from Millikin University with a double major in Theatre and Human Services, with minors in Psychology and Sociology. Shortly after graduating, Travis moved to the Windy City to continue his journey as a theatre artist while also working in Early Childhood Education. He went on to pursue his master’s degree in Guidance and Counseling from The University of West Alabama. He made the transition out of education in the summer of 2023, beginning his journey at NDH as an Office Manager. He is still heavily active in the theatre and film communities in Chicago not only as an actor, but as a writer and director as well. In his spare time, he enjoys walking his dogs with his partner, exploring new restaurants, and attending as much theatre as possible.
EXPERTISE: Administration, Harry Potter Trivia
- Favorite thing about NDH: The culture! From my first day, everyone was so warm and welcoming and made me fit right in.
- Desert island book: “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone”
- What is the best dish you can cook? I make a mean spicy Italian sausage pasta bake
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken: I took a weeklong solo trip to Iceland for my birthday a few years back and got to celebrate my birthday under the Northern Lights. 10/10 would recommend!
- What is your side gig/passion project/hobby? Writing and producing original content, specifically with a queer voice and lens.
- If you were a board game, what game would you be? For sake of the questionnaire, let’s consider Dungeons and Dragons a board game.
- What is your go-to karaoke song? “So Yesterday” by Hilary Duff
- Favorite way to celebrate your birthday: I always have a “come and go” policy with my birthday and usually find a favorite bar and hang out for a few hours and let people stop by, have a drink, and go about the rest of their evening.
- I have an irrational fear of: Mascots. And birds. ESPECIALLY bird mascots.
- Favorite concert you’ve attended: Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour
- Favorite workout or spot to play? I like to do “fun-runs”, like RunDisney, Color Run, etc – basically the lowest of stakes where I can jog with friends and get a shiny medal, with no worry about time or speed and I’m game.